CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Week Already?

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! I can't seem to get this blogging thing into my routine! Some of my buddies are posting 2-3 times a day, need I mention any names - farmer's wife? Just kidding Emily - keep the post coming - I am lovin' them! I guess if I would rise with the sun - which I wish I could do, well I guess I might if I could fall asleep before 12-1 a.m., I might post more. I really envy you morning people, I want to be one too - but just not happening, never been an early riser, 7:30 is the earliest for me. Sad, I know, but so true. But anyway, what a difference a week makes! I have been in much better spirits this week, nothing has changed except possibly my ATTITUDE, OUTLOOK on things and PRAYER!
This week has been crazy, and it's not over yet! My faithful washing machine of 13 years started pouring water out all over the laundry room floor on Saturday. We could never find the source of the leak, just that it was not coming from the pipes, tubing whatever it's called! My dryer has also been on the brink of death for some time, it was taking 3 cycles to dry a load of towels. Anyway, my sweet husband pulled them both out into the garage, went to Sears and bought me a new washer and dryer! Front loaders-Yeah! They will be here tomorrow, and we will be breaking those babies in - probably have 10 loads of laundry- no exaggeration. I think Carson is more excited than me! Anyway, you know how terribly nasty is gets under your washer and dryer, so with them out, I have scrubbed the floors sparkly clean! While in the cleaning mood, why not give the laundry room a fresh coat of paint - I had 2 extra gallons left of my kitchen green, so now the laundry room is green! Sounds gross, but it is really pretty- well, I like it anyways! Parker came in while I was painting and said eewww this is ugly! I told him it's the same as the kitchen, and here's a man for ya- he said really?! I didn't know our kitchen was green!
We will be here 5 years in November!!! Just like his daddy - bless his heart!
Poor Carson got into chiggers sometime this past weekend, and you know where they attack! Long story short, a doctor's visit, consult with urologist and medication - oral and topical antibiotic and steroids- he is on the mend!!!!! Bless him, he has been absolutely miserable! Next time, he will be wearing bug repellent! Okay, I am going to try and sleep now, so maybe I will wake by 7:25!!! LOL

5 comments:

Roan said...

so if you painted the laundry room green, did you order red washer/dryer? That will look like Christmas year round :) Just kidding! Whatever you get will be fabulous! Can't wait to see it.
BYW, I get up at 7:00, or in case of today, 6:50! Got in bed at 12:04 last night, thank you very much!

Em said...

Hey, what can I say? My dear husband is a papaw, who would go to bed at dark if I'd let him, so we get plenty of sleep! We're up with the chickens we don't have yet! Not that I wouldn't adore sleeping later.

Have a great day. I wish my washer & dryer would break! Just kidding... sort of!

Em

Roan said...

I like your new fall background. Did it take long to change it?
How are the new washer and dryer working?

Megan said...

I saw this background the other day and loved it! Good choice!!

Megan said...

I just saw that you are reading The Five Love Languages - love it! I also loved the one for Children. I need to read that one at the beginning of every school year since those are my only kids for now! Ha!