CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday's Words

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
but a good word makes it glad. -
Proverbs 12:25

A wholesome tongue is a tree of life,
but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. -
Proverbs 15:4

Not that I am full of wisdom or anything, because I am most definitely not, I read and study and sometimes come across inspiring words. I wanted to share my morning devotion.

The story was told of a teacher who asked her students what they wanted to be when they grew up. As you know, the responses were all different: president, fireman, teacher.... When the teacher came to Billy he responded "possible." The teacher asked "possible?" "Yes," Billy said, "My mom is always telling me I am impossible. When I grow up I want to become possible."

Oh my heart broke for this little boy. I thought back to times when I may have been a discouragement to my children. Honestly, I never would intentionally or purposely do this, but I am sure there have been times when I have been guilty. Encouragement and discouragement are worlds apart. How do we feel when encouraged? It gives us a boost, comfort, faith, cheer, hope, optimism, support and trust. When we are discouraged we feel sadness, rejection and loss of confidence! I know it doesn't take me long to know that I want to be the encouraging kind of mama! We all do- I am sure. I pray that God will forgive me for all the times that I may have discouraged my children and give me opportunities to encourage and praise my precious gifts.

1 comment:

Cassia said...

This is perfect. This has been a real burden of mine the past few months. I have really tried to work on this. The only real way for it to work is for God to do it because a lot of times I try and try and can't do it. Thanks so much for this!