CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Long Time...... No Posts!

Life is really crazy, so much has been happening . We are trying desperately to get through the rest of this school year, boy are we ready for summer! We have started playing baseball, all 3 boys! We will be living at the ball fields for most Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights for the next two months!
Running has been going really well. Kelly and the boys have been running with me and they are doing great! I have been working really hard on training for the Coca-Cola 10K, but am having some issues with my knee. I did my first long run of 5 miles Monday night, and it was great. While running, my knee felt pretty good, just a nagging pain on and off. Last night I ran 3, no major pain, but tonight I was supposed to run 2 and barely finished 1! I really don't know what happened. I did a few stretches before starting and ran 1/4 of a mile before the knee started hurting. I went ahead and finished the first mile, but decided I really should stop. I have had a few people tell me not to try and run Saturday, but I want to so badly! I am very frustrated, but trying to remain calm and think logically, or at least let others think logically for me! I am going to call a doctor that Roan recommended first thing in the morning. Hopefully, I can get an appointment with him tomorrow. I will do whatever he tells me to do. I really don't want to injure myself to the point that I can't run.

The chicken coop is finished and now is home to 15 chickens (1 flew the coop, and Hunter thought it was a toy!)

Kelly has planted the garden and hopefully it will produce much fruit and veggies!

On a more serious note, I ask that you all keep us in your prayers. Jared's mother had her 6 month review last week and the state changed his plan to adoption. This was a shock to us, because we were told numerous times that the plan would stay reunification for the next 6 months. I won't go into all the details, but just please remember all involved in what could be a life changing event in your prayers.

Life is crazy, but God is good!

2 comments:

Roan said...

Let me know what Mark says about your running....and if you need directions for tomorrow.
Can't wait to see what your garden produces!

Anita said...

We have most of our garden done. K, A and I are pretty much doing it on our own after Jeff and Tommy C got our beds made. I still need the rototiller to go over a couple of spots and then corn and beans can go in the ground.

I have been having trouble with my knee as well... and I am not even running. I think my problem is sitting too much with a sick baby.

Prayers for your family and Jared.