CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Old McKelly Had a Farm.......!

We received an early Easter arrival yesterday! Chickens.....16 of them! Kelly has been talking about chickens, goats and cows for months(think he's going through some mid-life crisis or ful-filling some of his missed out childhood experiences!) I kept saying I am not a farmer's wife, buying my eggs at Kroger suits me just fine, but....needless to say my children are now the proud owners and caretakers of 16 very cute, but not for long, little chicks! They are in a large Rubbermaid container in our garage with a heat lamp. Jake and Hunter are lying on the rug next to them, chicksitting, I hope and not dreaming of nuggets! Kelly and the boys, with much assistance from Stephen, are going to built a coop in the next few weeks. This should be very interesting.......
I will post better pictures later!

4 comments:

Roan said...

Oh Lynn...surely not!! Chickens??
Are you going to eat their eggs? Or eat THEM? Please tell Kelly to NOT give Jimmy any great ideas!
Chickens!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Josh and I have always wanted to get some chickens... eggs any time you need them!! :)
I think it's neat!!

Megan said...

No Way!!!!

Amy said...

Love it! :) We are enjoying our chickens!! The farm fresh eggs do taste better and make your cakes and cornbread taste extra yummy!
Have fun!