CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Coke Classic 10K

I am happy to report that I ran my first 10K yesterday! My daddy, John Parker and I got up early and traveled north to Corinth. Unfortunately, Kelly had drill in Birmingham and wasn't able to go! After arriving at the Johnson's, Daddy walked on over to register for the race, and this was the last time that I saw him until afterwards. The race was so much fun, way more enjoyable than I could have imagined! The course was really nice, with lots of spectators sitting out on their lawns cheering the runners on. I was very thankful for cloudy skies and cooler temperatures! John Parker hung out with Megan, who was watching the little ones, during the race. Thanks again, Megan!

Sam, Leah, Grace & John Parker waiting for everyone to finish


John Parker is very eager to train and be able to run next year! Every one did great, and several even set personal records! Check out Roan's blog.

Me nearing the finish! I know I look like a big ole' nerd, but I was so excited to be almost finished!


Right after crossing the finish line, I saw Daddy standing on the side grinning at me. He finished in 1:01 and I finished in 1:07! I can't wait until next year and hope that Kelly, John Parker and Carson run it as well!


Roan & me right after the race

Calling Kelly to tell him my results

John Parker & Clay hanging out eating fudge-sickles!

I had a great time and am very thankful to have great family and friends supporting and encouraging me!!!

6 comments:

Dana said...

congats on your run. You are becoming a natural at this! Keep it up!

Megan said...

Great job! I had such a fun day with ya'll! Can't wait to join you next year!

Roan said...

I am very proud of you! Now rest for a few days, and you will be as good as new!

Unknown said...

Way to go! Wow, your first 10K, I am jealous and have renewed my desire to train harder. I am nursing a sore hip and decided when it hurts I quit, but no more! Hope to run with you all next year.

Ryan said...

Hey Lynn,

I am so proud of you! You are doing great. How is your knee?

Liesa said...

Hi Lynn.
I'm so happy for you and so proud of you!