CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gum Tree 10K

Yesterday my entire family participated, for the first time ever, in the Gum Tree 2K and 10K runs! We were joined by lots of good friends and fun times were had by all, even in the torrential downpours & occasional lightening! John Parker and Carson ran their first 2K and did an awesome job! I am so proud of them! Emily was very sweet to watch my children while Kelly and I ran. Thanks Emily! I did beat my time from last week's race by a minute, but this race was much harder for me! I am pretty sure that the downpour had something to do with it! My shoes felt like bricks were weighing them down! Even though it was tough, I am so glad I did it! I am addicted, I think! I am hoping to make this a new tradition for us! Next year we are going to be joined by John Parker and Carson running the 10K!!!!

Me, Stacee & Roan before the race

Kelly & me getting our ipods ready!

So proud of Kelly for running his first 10K, even though he did run off and leave me!


John Parker heading towards the finish!


Kelly & me after our 1st race together!


Our rain drenched children!
Some were not such happy campers, mostly Sam B!

Leah & Avery lovin' on the cow!

Notice the Kenyan runners in the backgound. They were the overall winners, finishing around 30 minutes, I was almost halfway there!!!


Emily, Roan & Sam (he is getting a good whiff of his mama's hair!)

Jimmy & Stacee

Kim, Gracie & Jimmy
Congrats to Kim for her 1st race!

Buddies!


Congrats to John Parker, Carson, Ryan & Ben for their first 2K and Clay for placing 4th in his age division in the 10K! Way to go boys!

At the law office waiting to go over to the festival!


Gracie .... so sweet!

No comments: