CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bringing Jared Home!

My heart is full! Today has been pretty amazing, in some ways like a dream. God is so good! As we rang the bell, and waited for someone to answer the door, my stomach was in complete knots. We were greeted by one of the volunteers, who Jared calls "Uncle Rob." He told us that Jared was packed, ready and very excited to be coming home with us today! We all waited in the front living room while someone went to get him. He came around the corner all smiles ready to go! After hugging the ladies and telling them good-bye he was out the door with Kelly following, carrying his small red suitcase and bag filled with his only possessions, a few clothes and his one favorite toy! When we arrived home, Parker, Carson and Avery carried him upstairs to his room. He was so excited! They showed him his bed and all the Power Rangers they had set up for him on the headboard. He was like a kid at Christmas. We unpacked his things and put them in their "home." After that, they played dress-up, Power Rangers, went out and walked the trail, played in the tree house, chased dogs... you name it and it was packed into about 2 full hours of non-stop entertainment. It was time to get ready for church. I showed Jared all the things he would need to shower and dress for church. Twenty minutes later, he was coming down the stairs dressed and all smiles! He did really well in worship services- I didn't know what to expect, but he drew in his new notebook and sat still for the most part. He did get antsy towards the end of service and leaned over a few times to ask if it was almost time to go home! He was worn out and sleepy. We ate dinner at my parent's house and then came home and got ready for bed. I am so thankful that today went as well as it did, really it couldn't have been any better. He seems to be very well adjusted, despite the circumstances of his situation. Jared is funny, sweet, precious, adorable, a little rough around the edges, but nothing that a little love and encouragement can't smooth out, and did I mention that his SMILE lights up the room!

6 comments:

Roan said...

Lynn, This post brought tears to my eyes. You are a precious lady and mother to open your heart to this child. I admire you! I know that Jared will bless yall, and you will bless him and leave him with special memories the rest of his life. Love you!

Megan said...

I had chill bumps. Awesome!

Liesa said...

I will be praying for your family and Jared. He is one blessed little boy to have ya'll, and sounds like ya'll will be blessed in return by having him in your home. I also admire you for not being selfish with your children and I admire them for sharing you and your husband. Hang in there. He may be a bit rough around the edges, but what a difference you can make in his life! Post pic's soon!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
Liesa

Ryan said...

Hey Lynn,

I have been waiting for this post anxiously. I have tears also, tears of joy for your family and Jared. We can't wait to meet him!! Love ya!

Dana said...

I'm glad everything went as well as it did. You and Kelly are awesome for opening up your home and family to this little guy.

Leigh said...

I'm all weepy! What a wonderful day! I hate that we were too sick to meet him last night, but we are definitely looking forward to it next week! I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!