CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vacation in Virginia - Day One






My entire family just recently returned from a wonderfully historic vacation. It was both my children and my first time to visit the beautiful state of Virgina and our nation's capitol. We began our 13 hour journey on Thursday, June 26th. We left home around 9:30 and traveled during the night so that the kiddos would sleep most of the trip, while the adults took turns driving, navigating and sleeping! Thanks to Kelly, Stephen and my daddy for doing almost ALL of the driving! There were many pit stops along the way to refuel and re-caffeinate!!!! We stopped in Roanoke, Virginia, around 6:00 a.m. and had breakfast at McDonald's. The kids got a chance to run and stretch in a totally vacant play area! John Ashford even climbed, with the help of his cousins, to the very top tunnel and came down the slide! The child has no fear! We arrived at our first destination, Massanutten Ski and Golf Resort just outside of Harrisonburg, Virginia, around 10:30. Lesley and I spotted a Target coming in-always a sign of a great trip!!!!! I love Target! We were not able to check into our condo until 1:00-Uggh- so we checked out the resort and had lunch in one of their deli's. Finally, we were able to get into our rooms!!! They were so nice! We had two condos each with a kitchen, den, bedroom and bath. Next, came showers and a rest for all! Our first night, we all went to Kyoto's Japanese Restaurant and enjoyed an entertaining presentation on the hibachi grill and a yummy dinner! Avery slept almost the entire time! Afterwards, some of us headed for Target and some went back to the resort for lights out!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's looking good! Needs more pictures of your wonderful husband though! lol, j/k, I love you, Kelly

Missy Dodd said...

Lynn,

I love the blog. Good way for me to keep up with what's going on in Mim's world. Please keep post coming.

Missy

Leigh said...

I'm so glad you created a blog! Although I see you several times a week, I don't get all the day-to-day details of what's going on at your house.