CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Fun!

We officially finished our first semester of school today. I can't tell you who is happier the children or me!! We are going to spend the next few weeks enjoying our time off with lots of baking and hopefully some cute crafts. We have plans to make goodies for our Bible class teachers, shut-ins from our church and some of our neighbors. We will be making cookies, fudge, chocolate dipped pretzels, pralines (if I can find an easy no fail recipe-any suggestions?), peanut butter balls and muddy buddy mix! I love this part of the holiday, spending stress free time with my children in the kitchen! I must be honest in saying that this "stress free" time does come with some mental preparation! I just try to remember that it is only a huge,disastrous mess for a short time, but the memories made with my children are forever! Tomorrow, my niece is coming to stay a week with us while her parents go on a trip. I will have an entire week to experience mothering five! I will have a 2,4,5,7 & 9 year old. It is sure to be an interesting time! I may have to spend the next week recovering, but if I do, I will and it will be okay!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like fun! I'm so jealous of you and Roan! I'll spend the next couple of weeks preparing my kids for tests! Stress-free kitchen messes sound like heaven! Ha!

Paula said...

Being in the kitchen with the children is the "mostest" fun. Enjoy. My niece, Caroline is coming to spend the day with me and we will probably do some fun stuff in the kitchen also. I may not have much to give them materially, but they shonuff gots my heart. Don't let the children see my Southern dialect and spelling.