CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas has come and gone again, but not without lots of fun memories made and a few new traditions adopted! We enjoyed our time spent with both our families! In the past we have spent Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with Kelly's. We changed things up a bit this time. We celebrated with my side on the Saturday before Christmas and with Kelly's side on the Sunday before. That totally freed up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to relax and enjoy ourselves in a much less time crunched way! After services Wednesday night, we came home and Kelly read the kids a story about the candy cane, we tried to recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from memory, and then the kids opened their Christmas PJ's. They already know what they are before opening, but they still get excited about them each year!

They happily and eagerly got ready for bed, they knew they had to be fast asleep for Santa to come! Santa came, and he did not disappoint- all the children were thrilled with their gifts! We all sat down for the traditional breakfast casserole and then spent most of the day playing, cleaning, assembling Legos, cleaning, trying out new board games, cleaning, eating almost all the contents of the stockings, and did I mention cleaning -where does it all come from!

Jared testing his new race track


Carson assembling Legos

Avery serving tea with her new set

John Parker & more Lego assembly

Watching the Polar Express

My parents, Stephen, Lesley and John Ashford came over for a delicious steak lunch! Kelly and I then took the kids to see Marley and Me. I am sorry to say that it was a terrible disappointment to me due to some of the content! We still had a fun time and will probably continue this tradition in the years to come! This is a Christmas that will always be remembered! It was a joy to have Jared here with us and share with our family during this wonderful holiday season!

John Ashford

Hunter & Jake sitting in the window wanting badly to join the fun inside!

5 comments:

Roan said...

You described Christmas day perfectly! Cleaning, fun, cleaning, fun etc.!
Their Christmas pjs are very cute!
love the new background.

Sam flopped and tossed for about 45 minutes tonight, but never cried! He just doesn't know what to do with himself while falling asleep. He did sniff my hair some though! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas day looked like so much fun!! The kids are too cute!!

Josh has others interested but I'll tell him and get back with you- I know he'll be glad to do one for you! I don't know his prices??? I am just the assistant. :) (You know the one who squeaks the bunny to get the kids to laugh! :) haha)

Anonymous said...

oh and are you REALLY serious about wanting one? :)

Anonymous said...

OK- I knew he had a a price list because others have asked but I couldn't find it. I found the list. It's 10.00 a print because he has to factor in having it developed also. So it would be $40.00. He will e-mail you the prints as soon as he has found them. You only pay if you like them. If not he can start all over or you can just decline! :)
He is doing family portraits Friday so he said he may start this afternoon or Saturday looking for your letters. He LOVES this!!!
Also, I tried to put the picture frame together myself and I almost lost my religion and took it to Hobby Lobby. I got lucky on mommas picture because Kirkland's had that frame already put together mat and all!! Let me know if you want him to start looking around, didn't know how that price sounded- to some it's good to some- it's not! :)

Liesa said...

Hi Lynn.
Thanks for the kind words you left me on my blog. You're very encouraging. I also added a few more words as I thought of them while vacuaming! ha. A momma's brain wheels are always turning! ha.
Happy New Year. God Bless you and yours.
Love,
Liesa