CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy 36th to Me!

Tomorrow is my official birthday, but tonight I celebrated with my family. Kelly picked up Pizza Hut Pasta Bakes, bread sticks and a delicious cake from Creative Cakes for our dinner. My family all enjoyed the meal, and I enjoyed not having to cook it! Kelly and the kids gave me a Wii Fit, and it is the coolest thing ever! Technology is amazing. You start by creating your own profile by choosing a Mii, entering your height and age information, and do a few quick tests. There is a BMI check, this is done by entering your height then standing on the Wii Balance Board to let it read your weight. After you've checked your BMI, you'll do a basic balance test and find out your current Wii Fit Age. This balance test measures how well you can control your left and right balance. Based on the results, you'll be assigned a Wii Fit Age. Mine was not too good! At least I have a goal! LOL! It tracks your progress with daily workouts. As you spend time exercising, you can earn Fit Credits that unlock additional exercises. There are more than 40 activities and exercises, including strength training, aerobics, yoga and balance games. After embarrassing myself in front of everyone doing the step aerobics, we discovered that we had the balance board backwards!!! That explained why I was so lousy, but it was great fun for my audience! I wanted to call everyone to tell them that I wasn't so terribly uncoordinated after all! The boys love it as much as I do! We are going to add it to our schedule next semester as a 30 minute block of P.E. I am sure this will be their favorite subject! What a great night, at home with my family, enjoying all my many blessings! I am so thankful that God has given me 36 wonderful years here on his beautiful Earth, it is far more than I ever deserve or am worthy!

11 comments:

Em said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN!!!

I've been so encouraged reading about your family and the changes y'all have gone through. What a neat bunch of folks you are!

I miss seeing you. We should hang out sometime.

Have a great birthday! Now I want that game for my Wii!

Roan said...

Happy Birthday Lynn! What a fun way to exercise!
See you at the brunch this morning.

Liesa said...

HI LYNN. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
YOUR SUPPER AND THE GIFT SOUND FABULOUS! HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!
I've used the Wii fit before- it is very fun.. we just have the Wii console which keeps Josh occupied often!! (I'm totally okay with this!!) :)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday!! Mine is Sunday! My sister was talking about the Wii Fit last night. I'm glad to see how fun it is! Now, I can encourage someone else to buy it! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lynn!
I hope you have a great day,
Amy

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Lynn!!! Hope you have a wonderful day -- at 42 I never thought I'd ever say this, but the best is yet to be!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Lynn!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Becky

Anita said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday!! No cooking and a new toy to enjoy....sounds good to me.

Missy Dodd said...

Happy Birthday Lynn!!!!! Kyle is getting the Wii for Christmas and I hope I get the Wii Fit for my birthday. You are a great person and I hope you have many more years of birthday celebrations!!

Love Missy

Ryan said...

Hey Lynn,

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I am thankful for the last few years that God has blessed me with your friendship. Happy Birthday!!!

Love ya,
Kim