CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Pontotoc Ridge Run 5K

Me and the children after the race

Saturday morning the children and I went to Pontotoc to run in our first 5K of the season! Unfortunately, Kelly was in Birmingham at drill and not able to run with us! I was terribly nervous about this race, especially since it was the first one for me since my IT band issues, also because the memories came flooding back of the HILLS and my heart was heavy for the sweet Johnson family. The weather was nice, a little chilly and windy, but it felt good after we actually started running. I felt pretty good for most of the run, but the hills were tough. I think I had to walk at least 2-3 times! My time was decent, better than last years but not as good as the Bodock which is the same course, I am okay with that. The Spartans showed up in their sea of green once again, spunky and ready to run! They all did a great job! This is a good course to start with because they will really kick up some dust on the next one! I am so proud of my boys! They have come such a long way since last year! John Parker had an awesome time of 28:08, I finished in 31:08 and Carson close behind at 31:53! Carson placed 3rd in his age division, I placed 2nd in mine, Parker didn't place even though he did better than both Carson and me. I gave him my medal for his hard work! Oh I almost forgot, I won a 30 minute massage as a door prize! I am going to give it to Kelly, I think he needs it worse than me! It was fun to be back racing and seeing and experiencing the Spartans excitement! Looking forward to a fun season with them!

Everyone eagerly awaiting the awards to be presented!

Carson & John Parker

Avery

Carson, Avery, John Parker & Jared looking a bit chilly

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congratulations Mims family!