CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Letting Go

I just sat down for a minute to unwind from our school day and regroup for getting through the remainder of my day. Honestly, feeling very stressed that my house is in disarray, the laundry is piled up AGAIN, the dog needs a bath AGAIN (just had one less than 24 hours ago!), and the thing that bugs me the most is.......... my floors are dirty! I know, I know that sounds ridiculous and petty to most, wished I wasn't that way! I logged on the computer to read up on my blogs and the first one I go to is I'm an Organizing Junkie and her post today is just what I needed!

She says so often we complicate matters and make matters so much more difficult on ourselves than they need to be! Yep, that's me, she's talking to me! I know this, I really do, but what I don't know is, how to relax and let it go! That is what I need help with! HELP ME!!!

She goes on to list 10 important things to remember. The two that struck me the most were:

#4 "When your kids grow up and leave home, they won't remember if the towels were folded in perfect 16-inch squares in the linen closet; they will remember if your home was a good place to be and if Mom was a fun person."

#9 "There is no such thing as perfection. Giving up trying to make your home perfect is the first step toward making it a good place to be."

Good rules to live by, and I really want to!

So back to the dirty floors, I'm letting them go, at least for today! Letting the children come in any door they want and not reminding them to take off their shoes, I know I sound like a broken record to them!

What will they remember?

What do I want them to remember?

Here's to Letting Go........

3 comments:

Megan said...

My mom always says the same thing - "When your children are gone, the house will still be there. But, they won't."

Roan said...

I am right there with you Lynn, and you know it. I had a nervous breakdown last night....and played words with friends with you through it all! Ha!
There has got to be a balance.....enjoying life right now, and not living in chaos and filth.
I hope you get lots of comments and words of wisdom.
My house needs tidying right now too! And ironing, and etc.

Liesa said...

Lynn, I've been married for almost 25 years, and it's still like that! It's worse now because our kids are so busy being involved in other things, it's just hard to get it all done....and I am a PERFECTIONIST!, but I've learned that I can't get it all done nor can I keep it all done. Just don't let it get to the point of no return, and enjoy those youngins!!!! Love ya, Liesa

(But, the perfectionist in me bout kills me trying!!!) lol.