CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Training for My First 10K

It's official, I just registered for the Corinth Coca Cola 10K on May 2nd! I know that I am really in over my head with this one...... but I will finish even if I have to crawl over the finish line! Roan has helped me with my training plan for the next 5 weeks, and Kelly came in yesterday with new running shoes!!! Huge motivator!!! He ran 2 miles yesterday, and we ran 3 together this afternoon! I have been running on the treadmill, but the past two days I have gone to a track and it is so much better! The weather has been wonderful, and the time seems to go by quicker. Today, I was 1/4 mile from being finished and Avery came running across the track telling me that she had to "potty!" I had to stop and go find a tree to squat behind! After all that, she couldn't do it!It wasn't fun to stop so abruptly and have to start back! Not much fun at all.... but I did finish!!! Next time, we will have a potty break before going to the track!

3 comments:

Roan said...

I rarely run at the track without interruption!! In fact, last week Jimmy came to the park with us a couple of days. He was amazed at how many times I had to stop to attend to someone! I always try to prepare.....but somebody always needs something! :) Hang in there!

Julie said...

You will love the Coke race, it is such a nice course! It is my favorite race of the year!

Megan said...

Yay for the Coke race!! I will be the one on the CURB watching Leah and Sam, I believe! I'll cheer you on! Then, maybe I'll run with ya'll next year! :)