CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Running

A little over a year ago I started running! Wow, what a difference it has made in my life and the lives of my family! Not only did I start to run, but so did Kelly and my boys! Kelly has amazed me with the pounds shed, he has done a great job, he looks awesome and most importantly is healthier! Way to go honey!!!! I remember last fall, running the Race for the Cure and the boys did the 1 mile fun run, they asked did I think that they might could run next year?! Of course, I told them, little did I know that they would run numerous 5K's this year and improve a little more each time! I can remember running 1 minute walking 2 and feeling like I was literally going to die, but this morning, 1 year later, I ran 9 miles, yep 9, and the best part about it was that I enjoyed everything about it!! I am so thankful for all the encouragement and training tips from dear friends and feel so blessed to have great running partners, I am pretty sure that it would not be as enjoyable without them! Kelly and I are training for and very much looking forward to the St. Jude 1/2 in December! Can't believe I am actually going to do it!!! "Gotta get me one of them stickers, 13.1!!!!!!" Happy Running!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for you! And you are looking great too!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Lynn. You guys inspire me to keep going. I was not scared yesterday when I took the wrong turn. I was just hopeful that Yonea was almost to her cellphone so she could come get me. Little did I know that she turned around to find me. Oh well, loved the run anyway. See you soon.

Roan said...

I am so proud of you and your progress!

Heather said...

Way to go, Lynn! You are really improving!