CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Race for the Cure-My First Race!

I did it!!!! Finished my first 5K in under 40, the official time was 35:46, I think!!! Whoo-Hooo! Mama, Me, Roan & Stacee before race Stacee, you make it look so easy!
Just past mile 1- I'm thinking what? 2 more!!!!
Go Roan, Go!!!
After race photo, with eyes closed I might add! Kelly took my picture crossing finish, but some ladies big brown ponytail covered my face!
Scott, Stacee, Roan and me - they're discussing their times, I am just trying to recover!!! They all did great! Roan finished 26 something and Stacee 28 something- they are both training for the St. Jude 1/2 marathon! Check out Roan's blog for her family's times. They amaze me-awesome!!!
Mama did the 1 Mile fun run with Parker and Carson!
I am so proud I accomplished my goal...I am shooting for 30 next race. I am thankful my sweet family was there to cheer me on!!!

5 comments:

Em said...

Lynn, I'm so proud of you!!! I thought of you guys yesterday. I'm so glad you had fun, and you did so well. Good job!!!

Megan said...

Great job! Roan almost has me talked into running. If I could just get STARTED!

Lisa said...

Wow!! What a great finishing time!! Are you sure this was your 1st 5K?!?!? :) Congratulations and I'll see you at the start line at the St Jude Half in 2009!

~Lisa

Leigh said...

One Mile FUN Run? No such thing. Seriously, though, I am proud of you. I know how hard you've been working.

Ryan said...

Lynn,

I tried to comment Saturday when I got home. Something was wrong with my computer. Way to go!!!! I am so proud of you. Doesn't it make you feel good to accomplish that goal!