CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Chick-Fil-A 5K

The Mims and Johnson Crew


Jared , Avery, Sam & Leah with Mr. Moo!


Today our family traveled to Memphis to run in the Chick-Fil-A 5k. We met up with the Johnsons and had a fun time! Thanks to Roan, who needed rest after running the Tupelo 14.2 Miler yesterday, for watching Jared and Avery! This was by far the largest race we have participated in. I am not exactly sure how many runners, but my guess is between 800-1000! I was so happy to get to run with my sweet friend, Stacee, even if it was only for a little over a mile! The beginning of the race was so congested that we were basically walking the first 1/4 of a mile! When we were finally able to run, I tried to make up for the lost time! Unfortunately, my partner, Carson, didn't like the faster pace! He gets extremely nervous in large crowds, hates them as a matter of fact, so he always runs right with me! Today, though was too much for him, and I had to stop and walk with him 3-4 times. I felt terrible to leave him and didn't this race! It was a fun, scenic course, but also a little tough! Oh, I forgot to mention that it was super HOT! We did not have great times, but I am totally okay with that - just can't wait until next year to beat it! HA! Kelly ran with Parker and pretty much had the same experience as me, just a little slower! The race clock showed 32:39 when I came in, but haven't seen the official posted times yet! The after race refreshments were pretty impressive! Free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, pizza, hot dogs, donuts (Yuck), fruits and lots of drinks to choose from! Congratulations to Julie and Olivia for placing in their age division! After seeing the girls get their awards, we all headed over to the Smoothie King for a yummy lunch! Can't wait till next time!


Carson & me right after the race!

Kelly & me - the race ended at 3rd base on the Memphis Redbird's field!

Olivia! Love her shirt!

"Running is a mental sport & we're all insane!"

John Parker enjoying his sandwich
Jimmy, Julie & Roan

Jared, Avery & Sam

Carson & Clay

Kelly and me with our boys! So proud of them!

Roan & me

Our family! Last picture of the day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job Mims and Johnsons. Sometimes the race experience is worth more than your times. Sounds like you had a very memorable day.