CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Frog Level 5K

This morning the children and I drove to the Pratts community to run a 5K. This was the first time that I have ever been to Pratts, didn't even know where it was until today! The weather was terrible, a really strong thunderstorm came through about 30 minutes before the start, but only delayed the race for about 10 minutes. I am very proud of all of us! John Parker and Carson placed 2nd in their age divisions, and I placed 1st in mine! I joked with Jimmy, telling him that I was glad Roan wasn't there, or I would have been bumped down to 2nd place! Our times are posted on the sidebar.



John Parker & Carson were thrilled with their trophies!



Emily & Me

Avery giving Stephen a congrats hug!

John Parker, Carson & Clay all smiles!

My sweeties got a little bit wet!

There was going to be a frog jumping contest at noon, but I was just too tired, wet and cold to hang around for it, maybe next time!

2 comments:

Megan said...

First place!!! Wow!!! Now, do you really think I'd be ready for a half marathon in December with times like MINE!? haha! Just don't cross it off forever. :)

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Great job. I'm really impressed. I must say that I love races when it rains. It is so much fun to see all the sopping kids and people.

Blessings,
Kimberly